Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did someone mention WiFi repeaters?

In article ,
R D S wrote:
I don't know why but I never get results searching for stuff with
Thunderbird, maybe i've downloaded too much....

Anyway, i've a WiFi repeater (sub 10 quid cheapo from eBay), since using
it having no end of bother.
It works OK initially but i'll go away for a time, come back, find that
there's no internet and the repeater itself needing a hard reset and as
often as not the PC will need a reboot too.
(I'm being thick here, but if it's set to repeat, should I still be able
to log into it via lan using its IP?)

Are more expensive branded ones likely to be better?
Or do I need to learn how to use it properly WRT IPs and DNS and such?

I just used my old router, after BT supplied their own one for FTB.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.