Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Did someone mention WiFi repeaters?

On 29/10/2019 10:50, R D S wrote:
On 29/10/2019 08:43, David Wade wrote:

If it then connects to the network is windows...

It's Ubuntu i'm using.

It looks from (this morning's experimenting) like the router, the
repeater and the networking on the pc like to be turned off and back on
again in a certain order then all will be 'well'.

I'll probably just make a mess and run a cable.

I used to have this sort of problem (I have a £15 TP-link box that can
hear the Plusnet main box wifi and gives me ethernet and wifi out, that
goes to a switch and then to printers and PCs in my office). It would
manifest as printers going offline, and shared drives on desktop and
laptop no longer being visible over the Windows network. I have lost the
link, but a post a while ago explained how to change some windows
network settings, sort of like making the desktop the "master" and the
laptop the "slave", and since then it has all been more reliable
(including keeping the printers online better).