Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default vga splitter for 2 monitors

RobH wrote

I'm looking for a vga splitter which has 2 female
vga sockets for 2 monitors, if there is such a thing.

Yes there is, but how well that works varys because
with modern PCs and laptops, the computer does
ask the monitor what it can do and adjusts what
it sends it and unless both monitors are identical,
that can be a problem. Even when they are identical
there can also be other electrical problems with a
very simple passive splitter.

I have a mini hdmi to female vga , for 1 monitor, so I would
then need a male vga to 2 female vga for each monitor.

Not clear what you mean there.

As I want to extend my desktop and not duplicate it,

You need a video card with dual monitor support for that.

I haven't managed to find any yet over the last couple of days.

Because you are looking in the wrong place.

Is there such a thing, or any other way I could
get 2 monitors from 1 mini hdmi socket.

Nope, you need a video card that supports two monitors.