Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Lamona Oven

"GB" wrote in message
On 27/10/2019 20:41, ARW wrote:
On 27/10/2019 18:18, GB wrote:
On 27/10/2019 08:10, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Only 10 miles, blimey.
Are you walking to her or what?
Brian

10 miles away in London can mean an hour's drive. There can be a lot of
BIWs.

A BIW is a bugger in the way. There's basically two types of traffic:
buggers in the way and buggers chasing you.

There is no law saying you have to live in London.

I'd move out in a heartbeat, but my dearly beloved wife would not. I've
always liked Yorkshire, actually.

Any city has BIWs - and some have BIWWTTOTRs (*). So Leeds, Bradford,
Huddersfield, Wakefield, York, Harrogate are as bad as London - just not as
extensive.

Out in rural Yorkshire (and yes, our scenery is stunning) the problem is
TIWs (tractors in the way). And there has been a dramatic increase in
tractors that are not just used on and around a farm, but for pulling
trailers for long distances (tens of miles) - a job that really should be
done by a proper road-going lorry, capable of approaching the speed limit.

(*) Buggers in the way who think they own the road ;-)