Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Lamona Oven

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 26/10/2019 19:13, GB wrote:
On 26/10/2019 16:42, John wrote:
My daughter said her Howdens oven has packed up after 4 years.
Apparenty the oven / grill selector switch had been very stiff -
now it has failed.

I really don't feel inclined to get involved - 10 miles away -
very small kitchen - Strip it to remove part - check elements -
put oven back (no where else for it - await part - go back and fit
it. Can I be arsed...?

If she gives you all the details, you could get the obvious spare
part, the selector switch. Then it's a single journey to fix the
thing. If you order online, you can get a full refund if it turns
out to be something else wrong.

If she buys a new oven, will she rope you in to fit it anyway?

Someone is going to end up in a **** retirement home when their
daughter chooses one.

;-)

You win! She is going to remove it and bring it round! I hate working
there - it is cramped - I don't have access to the tools I really needed
and I would have to keep putting it back into its housing.