Dan Hartung

Default disabling one lawn sprinkler??

BobMcC814 wrote:
A friend had a sprinkler system installed a few years back and it works fine.
BUT, one section receives less sun and is severely overwatered. We'd like to
disable that one sprinkler head which happens to be at the end of the yard.
The company that installed it is long gone and there is no diagram of the
layout.

Is it possible (as a neighbor told us) to cap the nozzle with a screw-on type
fitting? If not, what are the alternatives (other than an inverted bucket over
the head)?

You can move and expand these systems, and they're not really touchy the
way that HVAC would be, so I would assume yes. Another idea would be a
low-flow washer such as for shower heads.