Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boot light keeps blowing fuse

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
When I inherited my Dad's Austin 1800, in many ways it was a step
up from my Beetle, but it was quite old, and the gears became
troublesome, some were unselectable with a cold engine. Much
tinkering with the cable linkage had no effect.

The fix came serendipitously when I put in a different multigrade
engine oil, as it also lubricates the gearbox.

Later cars had a rod gearchange. In some ways a retrograde step as that
developed lots of 'slop' with age. And of course cable changes are very
common these days.

--
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.