Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Lamona Oven

On 26/10/2019 16:42, John wrote:
My daughter said her Howdens oven has packed up after 4 years. Apparenty
the oven / grill selector switch had been very stiff - now it has failed.

I really don't feel inclined to get involved - 10 miles away - very small
kitchen - Strip it to remove part - check elements - put oven back (no
where else for it - await part - go back and fit it. Can I be arsed...?

If she gives you all the details, you could get the obvious spare part,
the selector switch. Then it's a single journey to fix the thing. If
you order online, you can get a full refund if it turns out to be
something else wrong.

If she buys a new oven, will she rope you in to fit it anyway?