Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Car cameras

"Tim+" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
Why are they mostly rear pointing? I would have thought that it would be
better to have them pointing where you are going.

Are they? I hadnt noticed. I suspect its down to observer bias. Easier
see a rearward facing camera when your following or stopped in traffic
than
a forward facing one when youre looking in your mirror or looking at
traffic approaching.

My observation is that far more cars have front cameras that rear ones, and
the most cars that have rear ones also have front ones. But as you say
observer bias plays a big part.

We should get a rear camera - and a socket-doubler so it can be powered at
the same time as the coolbox which we tend to keep in the boot (though not
always turned on) in case we want to transport frozen or chilled shopping.