Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?

In article ,
ARW wrote:
No! My ignorance is almost immaculate. It's not just that I'd never
heard of the Ideal Mexico. When I Googled for it I fully expected to
see results from local waxing centres.

It's a big metal lump that could absorb the excess heat without a pump
overrun and a bypass.

My original boiler was a BE RS Potterton Kingfisher. Big cast iron lump.
If that was switched off by the timer etc when at full belt - so also
switching off the pump - it would make some rather nasty noises. So
designed and built a pump over-run, which sorted it.

--
*Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.