Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SMS messaging

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 09:21:21 +1100, Jane Black wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
One for the cognoscenti...

Now that the 21st. century is well established I have down graded to a
gifted Alcatel *one touch* mobile phone! My grandchildren sport the
latest i phones but this does all I need and has a good battery
performance.

However, I have managed to corrupt the contact number for
sending/replying to SMS messages.

That shouldn't be possible that number is determined by the SIM.

Many phones (if not all) allow you to change what's on the SIM for the
message centre. Some providers have different message centres for
different customers.