Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Hammer drill from Lidl problem

"RJH" wrote in message
On 25/10/2019 16:59, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 24/10/2019 20:41, Robin wrote:
On 24/10/2019 17:42, Mike Halmarack wrote:

I had a cheap electric screwdriver which failed after 2+
years. I sent an email with details of the fault, the serial number
and
a scan of the receipt. Replacement was delivered a week or so later.

Is a digital copy legally enforceable, though?

Why wouldn't it be?

Two reasons.

One, it's relatively trivial to change the date on a digital copy.

But trivial to check that using the receipt number.

Those receipts are printed on thermal paper and a lot of them
fade in a very short time leaving you with just blank. Try
carrying one around in your wallet for a few weeks and see
what happens.

The copy will have the timne, date, receipt number etc. on it
which they can reconcile with their records.

And the second, I'd thought, is that it would be too difficult to verify
the authenticity of a digital copy, especially in a shop, for any
practical purposes.

No reason why they can't use the receipt number. Some
already can do a lookup of the original receipt if you
have some details like the date from the bank statement.

And even if a shop like Lidl could, I'm surprised that every retailer can
after as long as 3 years.

Trivial to provide that capability.