Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default SMS messaging

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 25/10/2019 14:11:32, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Fredxx
writes
On 25/10/2019 12:10:03, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 25 October 2019 10:46:18 UTC+1, Tim Lamb wrote:
One for the cognoscenti...

Now that the 21st. century is well established I have down graded to a
gifted Alcatel *one touch* mobile phone! My grandchildren sport the
latest i phones but this does all I need and has a good battery
performance.

However, I have managed to corrupt the contact number for
sending/replying to SMS messages.
A *factory reset* has not fixed this.

I don't have a manual and the one offered on-line does not help.

Any suggestions?
Get a proper smartphone like an iPhone ;-)

Smart iPhone is an oxymoron

My wife has a family cast off and expects me to be able to help her use
it!
I have to admit it did once help us by providing a route from Dulwich
station to a pub where a family celebration was in progress. Most of the
apps. are wasted on us geriatrics.

I confess to be a little anti-iPhone and Apple, for the way you are tied
into their business model where anything to do with Apple is quadruple the
cost when compared to an Android phone. In short a rip-off.

Thats bull****. The high end smartphones are
similarly priced to Samsung's equivalent phone.
Same with the google pixel smartphones.

And apple always has very big discounted iphones
which havent been the latest for quite a while but
which still are very good performers, currently the 6S.

The corollary to my argument is that most things work seamlessly

And given the reduced capability of the phone
to be reconfigured in weird ways. its much easier
to help a technoklutz to do that they want to do
with an iphone than with most androids. Some
have really weird ways of even doing something
as basic as adding a new contact.

apart from their battery scam.

It isnt a scam, most high end smartphones now
dont have a user replaceable battery and iphones
generally have quite noticeably better talk time than
the equivalent Samsungs too. My mate has the
latest but one samsung and cant leave the phone
connected to mine during the couple of houses of
the garage sale run because that flattens his battery.
Doesnt flatten my iphone.