Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jane Black Jane Black is offline

Default SMS messaging

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
One for the cognoscenti...

Now that the 21st. century is well established I have down graded to a
gifted Alcatel *one touch* mobile phone! My grandchildren sport the
latest i phones but this does all I need and has a good battery
performance.

However, I have managed to corrupt the contact number for sending/replying
to SMS messages.

That shouldn't be possible that number is determined by the SIM.

Unless you mean something else that the number the SMS is
sent to so you can see it when someone sense you an SMS.

A *factory reset* has not fixed this.

I don't have a manual and the one offered on-line does not help.

Any suggestions?

See what happens with a different SIM.