Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Car cameras

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 19:30:38 +0100, newshound

There are those as well. Dashcams.

I'd imagine it would be cool to have a black sludge dispenser on the back so
when a car is tailgating you you sludge their windscreen.
Brian

The one gadget I have always wanted was a big laser canon to vapourise
middle lane hogs.

I wonder what they are thinking when they sit in lane 2 (at 60 mph)
all the time when the rest of the motorway is empty (seriously)?

Is it I wonder that they are less likely to get taken off the motorway
by mistake, like they might if L1 turns off at a junction (and they
miss all the clues) or that they think it's just for lorries?

I've sat behind them (at a safe distance) and they have (sometimes)
eventually pulled into L1, I overtake and go back into L1 myself, only
to see them go back out into L2 (now moving slower than I am in L1)?

Dad was party to the nearest thing you could get to your laser canon,
but for tailgaters.

4 of them were driving back from a studio photo session down a winding
country road and whilst making good progress themselves, someone was
stuck on their tail for some reason. After a few miles of that, one of
the guys in the back put a Mecablitz studio flashgun on the parcel
shelf, facing backwards and switched it on. On a suitably safe
straight bit, he fired it and they watched the offending headlights
disappear backwards very fast, as might happen if someone had braked
fairly hard because they had temporarily lost their night vision. ;-)

It does make you want to sometimes eh ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m