Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Simple, inexpensive ladder for treehouse

On 10/23/2019 12:59 PM, J wrote:
Did I say "treehouse"? I must have mistyped. It's a hunting stand (and much safer than most others I've seen). Two treated 2x4s and one 1x4 will run me about $10-$12 new at home depot (the nails I have). and be less obtrusive and ugly than an 18" wide aluminum ladder (even if I could get one cheap on CL - which might be easier for those of you living in larger markets, but not around here). The 6' step ladder I'm currently using is a) not really tall enough, and b) takes up too much space on the first level of the hunting stand. The wood ladder won't get painted (or get very much sun where it is). If in 20 years it looks troubling (and I haven't dismantled it already) I'll deal with it then.

Also, how is it that there is a comment on this thread that purports to be from "me (J)", that I didn't write (asking if someone else's real name is Jack Meoff)?

Thanks for all of your input :-)

-J

I would like to see a picture of your stand. I've built several of them
but never 2 story.