Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boot light keeps blowing fuse

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
T i m wrote:
The first daughter and b/f knew the battery we weak on the car they
had at the time was when they sat with the ignition / radio on for
some time and it wouldn't start afterwards. The car had been fine in
everyday use up to that point.

Modern cars ain't going to use much current with the ignition on and
engine not running.

Really? My current car has a current drain of about 5A for about ten
minutes after switching it off and getting out the car and locking it.
I haven't found why yet its not the cooling fan or anything moving in
the engine bay.

It has a drain of about an amp after that. About 180mA is the always on
dash cam.

1 amp quiescent would suggest even with a large battery it ain't going to
start after 2 or 3 days unused.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.