Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default SMS messaging

On 25/10/2019 14:11:32, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Fredxx writes
On 25/10/2019 12:10:03, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 25 October 2019 10:46:18 UTC+1, Tim LambÂ* wrote:
One for the cognoscenti...

Now that the 21st. century is well established I have down graded to a
giftedÂ* Alcatel *one touch* mobile phone! My grandchildren sport the
latest i phones but this does all I need and has a good battery
performance.

However, I have managed to corrupt the contact number for
sending/replying to SMS messages.
A *factory reset* has not fixed this.

I don't have a manual and the one offered on-line does not help.

Any suggestions?
Â*Get a proper smartphone like an iPhone ;-)

Smart iPhone is an oxymoron

My wife has a family cast off and expects me to be able to help her use it!
I have to admit it did once help us by providing a route from Dulwich
station to a pub where a family celebration was in progress. Most of the
apps. are wasted on us geriatrics.

I confess to be a little anti-iPhone and Apple, for the way you are tied
into their business model where anything to do with Apple is quadruple
the cost when compared to an Android phone. In short a rip-off.

The corollary to my argument is that most things work seamlessly apart
from their battery scam.