Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Radiator bleed valve keys - Brass/Zinc or other

AnthonyL wrote:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:37:22 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 24/10/2019 12:30, AnthonyL wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 20:05:52 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 23/10/2019 19:36, AnthonyL wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/yy25crpd

If you have a 1/4 inch ratchet/socket set you may find that one of the
hex sockets fits over the square radiator plug and the raatchet handle
gives a lot more leverage.

What square radiator plug?

so what is the fitting?

If it's a slot then a screwdriver bit in a 1/4 inch ratchet handle or a
right angled screwdriver
If a hex shaped hole then a cut down hex/allen key with a socket/ratchet
or just the hex key

It's as per photo at:

https://flic.kr/p/2hAcV3x

The photo is the front facing bleed valve from one of two double rads
and so I can easily get to these. All the other rads have the bleed
screw facing the wall so I have ~2" to work in.

But that *is* a square radiator plug/bleed valve. I wouldnt use a hex
socket on it though. Too much chance of rounding it off. The key I posted a
link to earlier should work on the ones behind the radiator.

Tim

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls