Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default radiator auto bleed valves

On 25/10/2019 10:11, Tim+ wrote:

I have one of those above my boiler. It failed causing water to weep down
into my boiler causing a lot of damage. I believe that theyre only really
recommended for use when refilling and degassing a system for a few days.

I can get to the locking caps on mine. When filling I loosen the cap and
let it auto-vent for a few days. I then screw down the cap which will
prevent water leakage if it fails. As mentioned previously I don't get
an ongoing problem with air after a few days after refilling etc.