Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SMS messaging

I was always under the impression that the number you send to is the number
you would call. It always was that on my old Nokia and on the Iphone and
owasys in between, if anything else goes on in between the customer should
not be able to change it, its part of the sim.
I note with interest that the old 2g systems are being turned off soon,
although soon has been being said for a couple of years now, so older dumb
phones will, one day not work just as the old analogue ones all were killed
when they went gsm.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Tim Lamb wrote:
One for the cognoscenti...

Now that the 21st. century is well established I have down graded to a
gifted Alcatel *one touch* mobile phone! My grandchildren sport the
latest i phones but this does all I need and has a good battery
performance.

However, I have managed to corrupt the contact number for
sending/replying to SMS messages.
A *factory reset* has not fixed this.

I don't have a manual and the one offered on-line does not help.

Any suggestions?

Who is your service provider? Most have the required api settings
available
on line for you to manually enter.

Tim

--