Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Hammer drill from Lidl problem

On 25/10/2019 09:57, Roger Hayter wrote:
RJH wrote:

On 24/10/2019 20:41, Robin wrote:
On 24/10/2019 17:42, Mike Halmarack wrote:

snip

If you buy from Lidl again it's worth scanning or taking a photo of the
receipt.

Good idea - might well start doing that.

I had a cheap electric screwdriver which failed after 2+
years. I sent an email with details of the fault, the serial number and
a scan of the receipt. Replacement was delivered a week or so later.

Is a digital copy legally enforceable, though?

If it came to a court case the judge would decide who he believed and
whether the copy was a true one on the balance of probablities. It
would be dfferent if returning perfectly satisfactory goods, as the firm
is entitiled to make any reasonable condition for what is a voluntary
concession, and could choose to reject copies. If they are faulty,
then, as I say, a judge will decide on the evidence. Knowing this, the
shop is likely to accept the copy unless they think the customer is
lying.

Makes sense, thanks.

--
Cheers, Rob