Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Better electric razor

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 24 Oct 2019 19:48:54 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
wrote:

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 4:13:10 PM UTC-5, A K wrote:
I currently use a Norelco 6424 rotary shaver.

It does a poor job of shaving, taking multiple passes and it also pulls hairs even with new blades.

Any recommendations on something better?

Preferably one whose blade replacements do not cost almost as much as a new razor.

Thanks,
Andy

Nothing shaves closer than a new sharp blade and shaving cream! In my 40+ years of shaving experience! Electrics can't touch a blade.

John Kuthe...

When I was still shaving, I used a double edged** blade with no shaving
cream. **Not 2 edges like a bic, but a classic blade, a rectangle
sharpened on both sides.

I forget why I stopped using shave cream but I like it better without.

I found very light plastic razors for sale at an odd-lots store, that
looked so cheap they were given out at hotels. I think they were 5c a
piece and I bought two. I like them and next time I was there I bought
8 more. But it's been 40 years now and they've gotten lost or broken
and I have only one now.

I've found others almost as light.

A new blade is actually too sharp and I had to be very careful not to
cust my skin, but after a couple times I could use it for 10 times or
maybe more before it got too dull.