Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Stuck tailgate

On 10/24/2019 09:00 AM, wrote:
There are cases - even here in the modern world -
where a dump truck operator - when unloading -
fails to check that the load is moving - if it's sticky clay
that has been in the truck all night - it will stick in the
dump box and tip the truck backwards !

A company I worked for built plastics molding systems that involved
hydraulic presses and power units but it didn't do general hydraulic
repairs. I was in the shop one Saturday when a dump truck roared into
the parking lot. He had a load of hot mix and had blown the hose to the
dump cylinder. We made up a hose for him and sent him on his way, no
charge. He'd had enough trouble for the day.