Posted to rec.woodworking
ads[_2_] ads[_2_] is offline

Default Laundry platform

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:48:26 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

The boss has asked me to build a riser for the front-loading washer and dryer. Easy. But how do I get the machines up on the platform? There’s gotta be a trick that one of you guys can share.

Figure out the weight and screw a hook into a 2x that supports the
ceiling, then use a rope block and tackle and a sling to lift the
dryer.

Just remember to move the dryer ductwork as needed.

If you have room, the tilt-one-end-up process also works, as does the
ramp. I used the tilt process to get a dryer in the tiny utility room
at my mother-in-law's house. It had brick walls, with a concrete
block first course, so the dryer had to be up 8+ inches to sit on
plywood resting on the edges of the concrete block. When she had the
dryer replaced, the delivery people had a hard time figuring out how
to get the old one out and the new one in ;-)