Posted to alt.home.repair
mi-matt mi-matt is offline

Default Stump removal w Hammer Drill

replying to Jim Elbrecht, mi-matt wrote:
I have thought about doing this exact thing as far as an improvement over what
I do today. I shovel and axe one side of the tree roots and use a comealong
to pull from another tree base. This uses the weight of the tree as it comes
down as leverage as I cut more roots. usually comes over slowly. Axing
the roots is the worst part so I was considering the bosch. I like the fact
that it pulled the roots out with the tree. I have had 3 larger tree where
the person left the wire basket when planting it 30 years ago and the dam
thing is still in tack. Makes axing a pain. thought about adding a small
winch with remote to make easier. You get faster and better after doing this
a couple times.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-356897-.htm