Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:49:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 16:44:29 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 24/10/2019 16:01, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 14:40:26 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

By cr@p you mean it's actually functional and you don't have an answer
to my question.

Functional doesn't mean it isn't cr@p.

You could wire your house lights in bell wire and it would be functional
and cr@p.

If it was 'utility' (where aesthetics didn't come into it) and
functional (where that covered all practical issues covered by the
term 'functional'), why would it be cr@p?

What facets are you also considering outside of functional?

Cheers, T i m

It could be either. I've seen bellwire fed lights in a pub with the wire draped down the wall and an uninsulated chocblock about 3' from the ground. That's crap. Or the bellwire could be all out of reach where it doesn't need double insulation & is not in any way crap.

Quite. Not ideal, not to code but could easily be perfectly functional
and (therefore) not cr@p as a means to an end.

Well its not functional is it!
Its also not efficient!

bellwire is both

Again, of course it is.

You carry on arguing but you are still wrong.

I don't know who you are going to argue with though, maybe your other
half of a brain?

The problem with Dennis is he is a left brainer and so has to do, and
can only consider, everything strictly 'by the book', even when that
isn't part of the question.

Cheers, T i m