Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Repairing membrane keypad ?

On 24/10/2019 18:16, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:44:28 +0100, wrote:

Has anyone here successfully repaired membrane keypads? If so, how?

Yes...

I'm assuming silicone-rubbery membrane, black conductive spots press on parallel
tracks on circuit board? And you have cleaned the "rubber" and the pcb and it
was better but it needs lots of pressure because the conductive bit doesn't
conduct well?

I got a very small bag of conductive rubber spots and a tiny tube of special
glue, much like silicone sealant. Clean with acetone, shave off a bit of the old
rubber with a scalpel for clearance (which was probably unnecessary), stick on
the tiny very thin spot, job done. It's lasted very, very well.

(I have 97 rubber spots and a tube of dried hardened glue here, somewhere,
probably...)

I think this is the same item and a similar price:

REPLACEMENT Rubbers for Remote Controllers -Pack of:100 Conductive Rubber Pads
https://ebay.us/s16Ngv

Thomas Prufer

Vielen Dank, Thomas. That's exactly what I was looking for but didn't
know existed.