Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Repairing membrane keypad ?

wrote in message
My alarm keypad has a few nearly-dead buttons and spares don't seem to be
available (it's a Karizma plus) so I need to either find another that will
work with the system or repair the original.
If there was no alternative I'd try to replace the "keys" with momentary
switches but I'd prefer to keep the membrane if possible.
Has anyone here successfully repaired membrane keypads? If so, how?

I did have a similar problem with a combined light/fan/heater
for bathrooms which just has remote, no switches at all. Found
that the problem was some gunk behind the keypad membrane.
Cleaned that off and it worked fine.