Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Odd camera on lampost - pointing almost vertically downwards

ARW wrote:
On 24/10/2019 19:29, NY wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 16:27:23 +0100, NY wrote:

In a village near me there is a lamp-post in a 30 mph zone which
has a rectangular metal "tube" about 1 foot long by 6" square
which is pointing straight down at the road surface by the post.
There is also another device alongside, again pointing at the road.

Curious, my guess would a county council road surface monitor
(temperature, wet/ice/snow) or a traffic monitor, with vehical size
and speed. The old rubber tube over the road things really only
count axles

Any clues given by the label on the "control" box?

When I next go past I'll try to drive slowly (without looking as if
I'm Burglar Bill casing the joint!) and see what the wording says. I
noticed it and hoped my dashcam would pick it up legibly, but no
hope!

Just stop the car, get out and take close up photos.

It's still a free country.

Wear a hi viz and anyone watching you will just assume you are meant
to be there.

You forgot the hard hat and the clipboard! I once walked into a Army Camp
with this stuff, straight past the soldier with a gun.