Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting plastic coated MDF

On 24/10/2019 07:29, Jimk wrote:
Steve Walker Wrote in message:
On 23/10/2019 19:35, Jimk wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
In article al.NET,
pete wrote:
I?m trying to cut some plastic coated MDF (Melamine?) using a powered
jig saw and it?s chipping the plastic like mad. A friend told me there
is a special blade for doing this. Can anyone advise me? I?m a rank
amateur with only a jig saw and a planer to my my name. I don?t want to
buy any further power tools as I?d not have any real use for them.

Do remember a jigsaw cuts on the upstroke, so for best results cut from
the underside. But it's simply not the best tool for the job. A decent
circular saw will give a near perfect cut.

If cut upside down...

He said he doesn't want to buy any more gear...

He could go mad and cut it with a hand-saw.

SteveW

OOI where's my post that you replied to gone? I see it on Google
gropes but not in this thread on Plusnet (giganews I
believe)?

Still seems to be there for me - on Eternal September.

SteveW