Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radiator bleed valve keys - Brass/Zinc or other

On 24/10/2019 11:42, Pancho wrote:
On 23/10/2019 19:36, AnthonyL wrote:
I've got a couple of awkward bleed screws.Â* All the screws are direct
into the back of the radiator so not easy to get at and I've fractured
a couple of cheapo keys.

As a last resort I'd like to get a stronger key - what should I go
for?Â* Draper Zinc?

I have a brass one with "wings", they don't hurt my fingers like the
smaller ones do.

In the past I have snapped the head off a stiff vent screw and had to
replace the radiator. I was probably using pliers to increase leverage,
but it is something to think about.

I must admit, I prefer the ones with the bleed valves on the ends.
Easier to access and you can change the whole bleed valve if the needle
gets stuck.

SteveW