Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Laundry platform

On Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 5:48:29 PM UTC-4, Gramps' shop wrote:
The boss has asked me to build a riser for the front-loading washer and dryer. Easy. But how do I get the machines up on the platform? Theres gotta be a trick that one of you guys can share.

I'm not sure it's a 'trick', but if you can get an attachment point overhead, a wire-rope
comealong can lift and hold the weight of the frontloaders, then just position the
platform and guide the item down onto it. Lag bolts in the ceiling joists?

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-cable-winch-puller-61964.html

The problem I had, was how to attach the winch; it took a LOT of straps
and thought to affix a central eye for lifting, because of no handles. I put
loops around the feet, making a rope 'net' and fixing to a lifting bar which
was a scrap of 2x4 with C clamp eyes...

Ropes and cleats could work, but the ratchet is a great improvement. One-man
descent of the heavy washer down a concrete exterior stairwell was a lot
quicker and easier than the strap-up operation.