Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Hammer drill from Lidl problem

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:14:57 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 16:50:21 +0100, Mike Halmarack wrote:

It was in simple drill mode, but slipped into hammer mode, so I
paused, then pulling the trigger had no effect and and the function
selector switch wouldn't rotate to either drill mode or plain hammer
but stuck at drill with hammer.

Why did it slip into hammer mode?

Not sure, maybe I nudged it inadvertently while trying to drill a
hole. Though there is push down release button to prevent this.

Any catch required to be released to move the selector?
Tried twisting the chuck back and forth whilst trying to move the
selector?

I did quite a bit of hopeful twiddling. The manual doesn't have a
troubleshooting section. So, without the receipt, which I may yet
find, it's likely going to be my ticket to Makita-land.
--

Mike