Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Radiator bleed valve keys - Brass/Zinc or other

lid (AnthonyL) wrote in news:5db09d2e.37820718
@news.eternal-september.org:

I've got a couple of awkward bleed screws. All the screws are direct
into the back of the radiator so not easy to get at and I've fractured
a couple of cheapo keys.

As a last resort I'd like to get a stronger key - what should I go
for? Draper Zinc?

With most keys it is better to file of the countersunk lead-in as this
wastes some of the gripping area and prevents you getting further onto the
square of the screw.

Remove the screw and put some grease or something on and don't over
tighten.