Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur Clive Arthur is offline

Default Repairing membrane keypad ?

On 24/10/2019 10:44, wrote:
My alarm keypad has a few nearly-dead buttons and spares don't seem to
be available (it's a Karizma plus) so I need to either find another that
will work with the system or repair the original.
If there was no alternative I'd try to replace the "keys" with momentary
switches but I'd prefer to keep the membrane if possible.
Has anyone here successfully repaired membrane keypads? If so, how?

Might be of some use...

I repaired rubber PCB buttons on a crossword dictionary (like a
calculator only more keys) by gluing pieces of thin conductive plastic
on the worn previously conductive surfaces. The plastic was from a
black anti-static bag used for electronic components, and the glue was a
thin smear of RTV silicone.

It worked for a few years and probably still would but the owner snuffed it.

Cheers
--
Clive