Posted to uk.d-i-y
Reentrant[_11_] Reentrant[_11_] is offline

Default Radiator bleed valve keys - Brass/Zinc or other

On 23/10/2019 19:36, AnthonyL wrote:
I've got a couple of awkward bleed screws. All the screws are direct
into the back of the radiator so not easy to get at and I've fractured
a couple of cheapo keys.

As a last resort I'd like to get a stronger key - what should I go
for? Draper Zinc?

We had one like that (siezed bleed screw, positioned at the back).
It was only an inch or so from the wall and impossible to get anything
other than a key on to, so the rad would have to come off the wall one
way or another.

The rad was a bit rusty anyway, just a single panel, and Toolstation
were selling brand new double-panel radiators for under £10 (and still
are), I just replaced the whole thing.

--
Reentrant