Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Boot light keeps blowing fuse

"dennis@home" wrote in message
I wonder how many people know ... and how many cars do it that if you
leave the indicator indicating right (or left etc) with the ignition
off
and lights on side, you just get the single light front and rear on the
right? So two 5W lamps (plus side repeaters) instead of 4
(traditionally).

Was common on Fords for decades. I know it stopped for a bit (not sure
why). No idea if they do it now (and I have a Ford!)

Common in VAG cars. Dont think you have to leave side lights on, you
just
need to leave the indicator switch in the appropriate position.

Not legal though.
If you have to have parking lights on they need to be both sides.

Has that always been the case or is it a fairly recent law which posts-dates
the time when clip-on red/white parking lights and indicator-operated
one-sided side/tail lights were common?