Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default screwfix suddenly giving access denied

Yes but that was not the error he had. Maybe its been hacked?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jimk" wrote in message
Chris Green Wrote in message:
When I try and connect to screwfix.com from my home LAN (same on
laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access /
on this
server."

It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP presumably)
because I can connect using lynx from a system outside my LAN.

I can connect to screfix.eu and other sites such as search engines,
etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong? ... and is it temporary?

?

Site Maintenance

The Screwfix website is temporarily unavailable

Unfortunately this means our Screwfix.com site is unavailable due
to essential maintenance.
We apologise for any inconvenience."

--
Jimk