Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?

On 23/10/2019 17:54, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:54:24 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 23/10/2019 14:24, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 03:39:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

no, TRVs are not equivalent to room stats. We must have been over and over that on here.

You might have been but I haven't.

Ignoring the binary / analogue action, what is the (functional /
thermal control) differences between a thermostatic rad valve and a
room stat / room? And we are only talking about the ability to manage
the temperature in the room, nothing else / irreverent thanks.

TRVs are noisy when not fully open

'Some' TRV's might be noisy, these ones seem silent.

and don't regulate the temperature
properly.

'Some' TRV's might not, these seem, to work as hoped, still. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

If they are noisy the pump is probably set too high.