Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Boot light keeps blowing fuse

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
On 23/10/2019 08:30, Tim+ wrote:

About 40 years ago my mother bought a Fiat 124 which was the first
car I ever saw with a boot light. I was demonstrating this to my
future father-in-law when we discovered it had no switch but was
permanently on

Um, sounds like ******** to me. So the battery was running flat every
day?

Tim

Car batteries don't run flat every day just because there is a 5W load
on them.
If yours do then buy a working one.

Some of us remember the days of parking lights. No street lighting, so had
to be on all the hours of dark. And with a weedy dynamo.

Indeed, little things you attached to the window ( they clipped over the
edge and stuck out). Single bulb in an egg shaped plastic lens, red one
end, clear the other, held in a black rubber arm which also formed the clip
to go over the window.

Not that Im old enough to have used one but I remember my father using
them and fitting a little 2 pin connector to plug them into in his cars.
(No cigarette lighters in cars then.)