Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Cutting plastic coated MDF

"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
In article al.NET,
pete wrote:
I‘m trying to cut some plastic coated MDF (Melamine?) using a powered
jig saw and it‘s chipping the plastic like mad. A friend told me there
is a special blade for doing this. Can anyone advise me? I‘m a rank
amateur with only a jig saw and a planer to my my name. I don‘t want to
buy any further power tools as I‘d not have any real use for them.

Do remember a jigsaw cuts on the upstroke, so for best results cut from
the underside. But it's simply not the best tool for the job. A decent
circular saw will give a near perfect cut.

If cut upside down...

He said he doesn't want to buy any more gear...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/