Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Boot light keeps blowing fuse

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
BMW 7 Series 3 years old. Has tw lights in the boot. One under the
parcel shelf and one in the lid. No sign of water ingress. Very
strange. Any bright ideas out there (excuse the pun)

Are you certain they are properly switched off when the boot is closed?
Not flickering etc with movement? Some use a switch which works on the
lid angle, rather than the sort operated by the doors for the interior
lights. And that could be faulty.

Light fittings designed for only short term use may well allow the bulb to
get too hot if left on for long periods.

Sorry - missed the bit about it blowing the fuse. ;-)

If it's anything like my E39, a fractured wire or two where the loom goes
into the boot lid isn't unknown. Because of constant flexing.

On a 3 year old 7 series? Standards have slipped since my day ;-)

--
Cheers, Rob