Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Lifetime of a CH valve motor - is this a record?

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
On 23/10/2019 14:52, NY wrote:
Failed Honeywell CH valve motor replaced on 2 Oct. That motor failed
about 14 days later and was replaced today, 23 Oct. I'm assuming that
the first replacement really was a brand-new motor, and not one that had
already failed from another customer and been accidently fitted in
mistake for a brand new one.

The valve itself was easy to turn, so it hadn't jammed and caused the
motor to draw more current because it couldn't turn.

They are stall motors on most valves so will stall when in operation.

They are actually small synchronous mains motors and cost next to nothing.

Y plan valves have switches to turn them off when in the middle I think,
I have never actually bothered with those things.

You can buy two port valves with switches to turn them off at end of
travel but they cost more than the stall motor, spring return valves.

Trouble with spring return vales is they are noisy when they close..

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England