Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
On 23/10/2019 14:24, T i m wrote:

8

no, TRVs are not equivalent to room stats. We must have been over and over that on here.

You might have been but I haven't.

Ignoring the binary / analogue action, what is the (functional /
thermal control) differences between a thermostatic rad valve and a
room stat / room? And we are only talking about the ability to manage
the temperature in the room, nothing else / irreverent thanks.

A TVR can only change the upper temp of the room. It can't make the
boiler fire if the room gets too cold like a thermostat can. Unless its
installed in a cr@p system that is always circulating hot water.

no, any sensible boiler will shut down if heat is not removed from
thecirculating water

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England