Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?

On 23/10/2019 14:31, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:40:58 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:
snip

Possibly but surely isn't that the owners choice? FWIW, 'the system'
is probably over 30 years old (maybe 40) and I don't believe has much
in the way of attention, servicing or repair?

Mine was installed about 38 years ago an I fitted timer stats and zone
valves so it isn't new technology.

Never said it was, I said it's the owners choice.

Most of it is still there working although I have had a new boiler and a
mains pressure cylinder fitted when the solar thermal panels were installed.

Ok.

My mates Valliant system is new by comparison and is about to have a
new gas valve and main PCB because of an F62 error.

Mums CH / HW system doesn't even have rad stat valves or a room stat
and the boiler was bought second hand probably 40 years ago and again,
hasn't 'cost' anything with engineer service visits in that entire
time.

It may not have cost anything in repairs but its probably cost double to
run the system.

So, how much gas do you think you can get for say the cost of a gas
valve, a main PCB and the engineers time? Even if we go for just that
one example.

As they have a ten year guarantee there probably isn't any cost in
fixing it.