Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Did anyone else know that it is Boiler Switch On Week?

On 23/10/2019 14:24, T i m wrote:

8

no, TRVs are not equivalent to room stats. We must have been over and over that on here.

You might have been but I haven't.

Ignoring the binary / analogue action, what is the (functional /
thermal control) differences between a thermostatic rad valve and a
room stat / room? And we are only talking about the ability to manage
the temperature in the room, nothing else / irreverent thanks.

A TVR can only change the upper temp of the room.
It can't make the boiler fire if the room gets too cold like a
thermostat can.
Unless its installed in a cr@p system that is always circulating hot water.

This should be funny ...

If you say so.