Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] billyorange007@gmail.com is offline

Default Boot light keeps blowing fuse

On Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 2:44:33 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
BMW 7 Series 3 years old. Has tw lights in the boot. One under the
parcel shelf and one in the lid. No sign of water ingress. Very strange.
Any bright ideas out there (excuse the pun)

Are you certain they are properly switched off when the boot is closed?
Not flickering etc with movement? Some use a switch which works on the
lid angle, rather than the sort operated by the doors for the interior
lights. And that could be faulty.

Light fittings designed for only short term use may well allow the bulb to
get too hot if left on for long periods.

--
*OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

About 40 years ago my mother bought a Fiat 124 which was the first car I ever saw with a boot light. I was demonstrating this to my future father-in-law when we discovered it had no switch but was permanently on