Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laundry platform

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:48:26 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

The boss has asked me to build a riser for the front-loading washer and dryer. Easy. But how do I get the machines up on the platform? There’s gotta be a trick that one of you guys can share.

Tilt it, get one end on it, then tilt it the other way and slide it.

Or chat up couple of bodybuilders from the local gym.

Or handtruck and _heave_.

Or make a ramp.

Or one of these, if you can rig something overhead to hook it onto.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1-1-2-half-ton-lever-chain-hoist-66106.html
and a sling (handy thing to have--there are better brands if you don't
mind paying more for not-made-in-China).