Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default wires are metal ...

On 10/19/2019 11:52 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:43:07 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 10/7/2019 2:14 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 13:51:53 -0500
Terry Coombs wrote:

snip
I need to change the oil and filter
anyway , so I'll be able to check it all while I've got it open .
The oil level on my older version is higher than the pan. So oil will
start to run out soon as you crack the seal. Before I installed a drain
plug I would loosen the bolts such that it would come loose at a
strategic corner with a large catch pan located there. Even after some
leaks out into the pan the darn thing is heavy with oil. It was always
a MESS, hence adding a drain plug

Â* How did you install that drain plug ? I was thinking about TIG
welding a bung in , but am concerned that it'll warp .

I've brazed them several times without a warlage issue. How's the
lockup problem coming? Just got back from 3 week holiday.

Â* I'm pretty much just ignoring it for right now . I have other stuff
to do to the truck , plan on all in one shot . Tomorrow will be (I hope)
the last day I'll "need" the truck for a little while , may start on it
later this week . I am sourcing the few other parts I'll need (speedo
drive mainly) so when I start I'll keep at it until I'm finished .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old